This isn't the actual project I had in mind but as it is a departure from my usual style and process for papercutting I just wanted to do a quick project to test the water.
I actually did most of this piece one Sunday evening so it was fast which was really satisfying.
The black outline approach is new for me...it does add a layer (haha) of complexity but I do like the way it looks like stained glass.
Here's how it came together:
|1. I used a white pen to sketch the|
outline of the image and then cut out
|2. The finished outline - this is all cut|
from a single piece of black craft
|3. I started building up the colours inside|
the outlines. I started with the foreground
- flowers, deer and worked backwards.
|4. Building up the various layers to|
create the background and sense of
And...done! I like how it turned out and it was fun to try a new style. I also feel like I have a better idea of how to take forward a bigger project that I am trying work out. Although probably more smaller projects like this are in order before I dive into that so keep posted...
This piece is now available for sale in my Etsy shop.