Sunday 9 August 2015

Guacamole and a new project

We have been having a fairly great summer here in London and I have been spending a lot of time reading in the sun rather than doing as much art and crafting that I need/should be doing. 

I have also been eating a lot of guacamole. I have been making this for years and think I have pretty much got it nailed with info gleaned from years of helping out at 4th of July BBQs. 





I guess most people know how to make guac - but this is mine:

  • 4 avocados
  • A handful of cherry tomatoes (maybe 10? I personally wouldn't substitute regular tomatoes here as cherry are just way better tasting - but if you have great tasting regular tomatoes then go for that)
  • 1/2 a red onion
  • A handful of cilantro/coriander/dunia
  • Lots of limes (I used 3)
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Hot sauce


Cut all finely and smoosh/stir together. Eat all weekend in lieu of actual meals.



I am working on a new project, a quilt! It's going to be a challenge as the last one I did was about 6 years ago and I uselessly documented nothing so I have already made a bunch of stupid mistakes that could have been avoided but oh well. 

I do plan to blog about this so at least if I decide to do this again in another 6 years I'll hopefully have some idea of what not to do...again..

These are the fabrics in play - maybe too many patterns? I'll be sharing the idea in the next few days, once I have organised my thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment